BOK 9 Management in Information Organisations
What is included in BoK 9?
- Contributing to strategic, business and operational planning.
- Managing finance, people and resources.
- Governance structures and stakeholder relationships.
When reflecting on your activities, ask yourself - 'What did you learn or practise in this area?' 'How did this impact on your work?' 'What did you do as a result of the activity?'
Some examples of activities include:
- Contributing to and executing a strategic operational plan, eg a City or District Council’s Long Term Plan (LTP).
- Creating annual operational or activity plans.
- Participating in a 'big picture' workshop.
- Making a case for employing an additional staff member.
- Preparing and managing operational budgets.
- Talking to other team members about the importance of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and how these relate to daily tasks.
- Planning for a new library.
- Marketing a new collection.
- Delivering a presentation about library services to students at a student open day.
- Participating in a project as eg project champion, leader, manager, member.
- Developing and implementing a new timetable or roster to cover service desks.
- Developing a Māori recruitment and retention strategy – rangatiratanga.
- Investigating the introduction of whānau supported interviews – manaakitanga.
- Taking part in the recruitment and onboarding process for new staff (i.e. interviewing, employing, and induction)