BOK 7 Application of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs)
What is included in BoK 7?
- The changing nature of ICTs and their application.
- Identifying and evaluating ICTs.
When reflecting on your activities, ask yourself - 'What did you learn or practise in this area?' 'How did this impact on your work?' 'What did you do as a result of the activity?'
Some examples of activities include:
- Using a technology based product with your customers or colleagues in order to enhance communication or the use of information resources, eg podcast, webinar, facebook, ello, skype, iannotate, evernote, storify, penultimate, youtube, MOOCs, library guides, texts, endnote, mendeley.
- Investigating the characteristics of hand held devices and how these could be used within your work environment.
- Understanding the technology environment of your organisation.
- Attending vendor presentations and consider the benefits of their products to your work environment.
- Considering ways in which to use ICT to improve the Library’s service eg 3D printers, sound or video editing software, Apps
- Understanding the features of RFID tags for inventory control.
- Participating in discussion about or the implementation of new software eg macronising software, Adobe products, a Library Management System.
- Setting up a webinar